The regular season has come to a close, but it certainly did not disappoint. If you did anything but what football this weekend, you missed out. From the early Friday Hawks game, to the late night Stanford game, there was something to watch for everyone. And boy did we learn a lot:
- College Football is Fantastic – In case you didn’t already know, college football is fantastic. We had last second miracles and heartbreaks this week. Coaches going for 2 and looking foolish in the process (Brady Hoke) to possibly the best Iron Bowl college football finish ever. Rivalries are always great and it was no different, no matter if you were in the high and mighty SEC or the “lowly” Big 10. Get ready for this weekend as conference championships are here and then the bowls. If the past 2 weeks are any indication, you won’t want to miss them.
- A Non-SEC Final – You read that correctly. We are on the verge of a non-SEC final for the first time in 7 years. Heck, they’ve put 8 teams in the championship in that 7 year span (crazy I know). Auburn pulled off a miracle for the second week in a row and if it wasn’t for Cade Foster and his inability to hit the broad side of a barn, Nick Saban would look like the ultimate goat here. Oh how quickly things change.
- NIU to the BCS – With Fresno St. losing in a shootout this past week, it left the non-AQ BCS spot to Northern Illinois. A masterful season by Jordan Lynch and the Huskies has them in prime position to attempt to redeem themselves from last year’s BCS shellacking. Just don’t mess up against Bowling Green.
- The Hawks are Good – This is without a doubt a total homer post, but who cares. The Hawks dominated the Cornhuskers, winning their first Heroes Trophy and locking up the 4th best record in the conference. Say that was going to happen at the beginning of the year, I call you nuts. Say that 4 weeks ago, I say no chance. But Kirk just kept powering through and keeping this team focused. It’s time to go bowling, hopefully Outback style.
Barney Stinson Legen-we hope you’re not lactose intolerant-dary Play of the Week:
Is this the most Legendary Play of the Week. Year? Or History of College Football? Too close to call I’d say. All I know is that this play nearly broke the internet and in my mind, may have been the greatest ending to a College Football game ever. Sorry Warren Holloway.
- BCS picture: Where top college football teams stand after Week 14 (blogscottsdaleaz.wordpress.com)
- Believe It or Not, SEC Football is Overrated (thereecerminute.wordpress.com)
- Faith in College Football (brandonhand12.wordpress.com)