Another day, another depressing Iowa loss. Great defensive play was negated by horrendous offensive play. Moving on past Iowa, this week was filled with blowouts and very few upsets as the Top 10 didn’t see much change. Here’s what we learned:
- MSU – Facing their toughest opponent remaining on their schedule, the Spartans came away with a huge rivalry game win, dominating the Wolverines and proving yet again that their defense isn’t a fluke. A win over Nebraska in two weeks would almost surely set them up for a title game showdown against the Buckeyes
- #2 is Up for Grabs – After Florida St. demolished MIami and knocking them from the ranks of the unbeaten, they moved into the #2 spot in the BCS standings. How long that’ll last depends on Oregon’s next matchup. As long as these two stay undefeated, it’s going to come down to the wire.
- NIU v. Fresno St. v. ND – One of these three teams will most likely sneak into a BCS bowl game, as Northern Illinois and Fresno St remained undefeated, while Navy almost upset the Notre Dame. A matchip against Stanford can almost assuridly count out Notre Dame, while NIU might leap frog FSU, as they have a conference championship game.
- Big 12 Title Race Thinning Out – After Oklahoma St knocked off Texas Tech the race for the title was trimmed down to 4. Texas stayed undefeated in the conference with a win over Kansas, while Baylor and Oklahoma stayed undefeated because you can’t lose on a bye (crazy I know). In the coming weeks, all 4 teams face off and will help determine who the title winner will be.
THE BARNEY STINSON LEGEND-I HOPE YOU’RE NOT LACTOSE INTOLERANT-DARY PLAY OF THE WEEK
Check us out on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Listen to past pods on SoundCloud
- College Football Power Rankings for Week 10 (stilesonsports.wordpress.com)
- Holy Hail Mary Bo! and other Week 10 recap stuff and things (bossmansblog.wordpress.com)
- College Football Weekend Picks & Preview- Week 10 (clevelandsportschat.com)