Week 2 is in the bags and the Oh’s Knows Bros’ teams had a rough week, losing to the Chiefs and Dolphins. Nick’s Super Bowl picks are looking pretty good thus far, while the Patriots are really hurting at wide receiver.
- DENVER BRONCOS – The Manning bowl again went to Peyton, as the Broncos rolled to an easy win over the Giants. Things might get a little tougher for Manning, however, as starting left tackle Ryan Clady was injured in this week’s matchup.
- SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – The Seahawks dominated division rival San Francisco at home, proving that CenturyLink Field just may be the toughest stadium to play at in the NFL.
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS – The Saints squeaked by a division foe for the second week in a row. They have one more game to improve before facing 3 of the league’s 8 undefeated teams in a row.
- HOUSTON TEXANS – 2 weeks in and star running back Arian Foster is an unhappy camper. His workload has been reduced and backup Ben Tate is taking full advantage of his opportunities, leading the team in rushing thus far.
- SAN FRANCISCO 49ers – Following up their impressive week 1 win over the Packers by getting absolutely blown out by the Seahawks. The ground game is going to need to improve for this team to get back to last year’s level.
- GREEN BAY PACKERS – After suffering a tough loss to the 49ers last week, the Packers rebounded with a domination of the Washington football team. The team even had a 100 yard rusher, a first for the team since 2010!
- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS – The Patriots haven’t looked this bad since “The Patriot Killer” Bernard Pollard ended Brady’s season in ’08. Yes they’re 2-0, but it hasn’t looked pretty and with #1 receiver Almendola out for an extended period of time, this team is in trouble.
- CHICAGO BEARS – Keeping the Bears out of the top 10, no matter how much I want to, just can’t happen. This team has looked impressive in it’s first two weeks and could be serious competition for the Packers this year.
- ATLANTA FALCONS – The defense has improved and they still have Matty Ice. A 3 game stretch against the AFC East can make or break their season before the bye week.
- KANAS CITY CHIEFS* – The Chiefs are for real (I think). Last week I had the Eagles in the 10th and final spot and this week it’s the Chiefs, looking impressive in their first two games under Andy Reid and Alex Smith
*They got lucky
- Beast mode: Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks steamroll 49ers (usatoday.com)
- Turf Show Times Power Rankings: Week Two (turfshowtimes.com)
- NFL Power Rankings: Where Each Team Stands After 2nd Week (bleacherreport.com)