There’s not a whole going on in the world of College Football. Conference play is just right the corner. We broke down earlier this week what caught our eye on Week 2 of the season. Here’s what you should keep your eye on in the upcoming week.
What to watch in Week 3:
- “JUST Another Game” – Some call this the game of the year, while Johnny Football called this, “Just another game.” Tell that to CBS, which is having a ‘Johnny Cam’ following him everywhere he goes. The real fun would be to have this ‘Johnny Cam’ off the field. On the field, however, the Crimson Tide are looking for revenge against Mr. Football for ruining their perfect season last year.
- Tennessee vs. OREGON – Can Tennessee be the first team to hold the Ducks below 50 points this year? My guess is yes, but it still won’t be enough as Marcus Mariota carries Oregon to yet another easy win.
- Battle of the CY-HAWK – A weak round of games and a love for all things Hawkeyes means that this game cracks the list. Both teams are looking to to take a step in the right direction as the Hawks are an unimpressive 1-1, while the Cyclones lost to in-state rival and FCS foe UNI in week 1. For my sanity, I’m really praying for a Hawks win here.
- ANY game on TV – It’s another dull week of games, with teams still trying to play FCS foes to get ready for conference play. But take a moment to be thankful that your Saturday is filled with football and not baseball games and replays of the World Series of Poker on ESPN.
Oh’s Knows’ The Steve Lattimer Game of the Weak:
THE UTEP MINERS (0-1) at THE NEW MEXICO STATE AGGIES (0-2) – “Breaking Bad” isn’t the only great thinking coming out of New Mexico these days! Wait. Yeah. Yeah it is. For those not familiar with Steve Lattimer, or the movie “The Program.” Watch this clip. For those of you who know Steve Lattimer, you know he’s a no nonsense kind of guy. That’s why we bring you the UTEP vs. New Mexico State game, where there is absolutely no place at the table for this game.
With a combined record of 0-3, New Mexico State lost their opening season game to Texas, who if you remember correctly just gave up 550 rushing yards to a very white BYU team. The score of that game was Longhorns 56, Aggies 7.
El Paso isn’t quite in New Mexico, but if they’d give us Bryan Cranston – we’d let them have it. UTEP usually has pretty good Cross Country runners, but stumbled out of the gate losing to Steve Alford’s – er, some guy’s New Mexico Lobos 42-35 in their season opener.
If there’s one game you watch this weekend, other than the SEC showdown in College Station or the Cy-Hawk Series up in Ames – I wouldn’t recommend this one. Just remember, “the NCAA will be testing on Saturday.” Lattimer out.
- College Football Week 3 Schedule: TV and Live Stream Info for Every Game (bleacherreport.com)
- Texas A&M Football: Is Johnny Manziel the new villain of college football? (isportsweb.com)
- Predicting College Football’s Biggest Headlines for Week 3 (bleacherreport.com)