In case you missed it, Nick O. – resident football expert ran down his Preseason Top 11-25 College Football Teams. Today we bring you the Top 10. Will Jadaveon Clowney actually decapitate someone this year? Does Alabama repeat? Who will be suspended first – Johnny Football or his eBay account? Stop trying to rack your brain for the answers, let us show you the way.
10) Florida – Will Muschamp may finally be bringing “The Swamp” back to prominence. If the offense can step up, they’re going to be right up there with the rest of the SEC powerhouses.
9) Louisville – The Big East, err I mean American Athletic Conference Championship seems to be theirs for the taking. Teddy Bridgewater is primed for an invite to New York. Will their weak conference be a hindrance come post-season play?
8) South Carolina – Up to this point, everyone has heard of Jadaveon Clowney. If you haven’t, take a look at this video (Michigan fans be advised, you don’t want to watch this again):
Can he carry them through the tough SEC to the title game?
7) Stanford – Defense wins championships is the old saying and the Cardinal are trying to prove that theory to be true. They have to slow down the high powered Ducks offense first.
6) Clemson – I don’t think I’m alone in always thinking too highly on Tigers and this year is no different. With Tahj Boyd and Sammy Watkins returning, they will be thinking of more than just the ACC title.
5) Georgia – Aaron Murray; forget about this kid? He’s only on pace to break the SEC records in career TD passes, passing yards, and total yards. So yeah, don’t sleep on this kid and the Bulldogs.
4) Oregon – Chip Kelly and his one of a kind offense are gone. What he left behind though are some special players that are looking to pick up right where they left off. De’Anthony Thomas and Marcus Mariota are looking to take their talents to the national title game.
3) Texas A&M – This pick depends largely on the shoulders of Johnny Football. If he settles down once the season begins and plays all year, the sky is the limit for this kid and the Aggies. If he can’t control his off the field personality, we’ll be left to wonder what if.
2) Ohio State – “The Big Ten can’t contend.” “There’s no competition.” The Buckeyes will hear it all year and will be looking to end the SEC’s dominance behind the arm and legs of Heisman hopeful Braxton Miller.
1) Alabama – Saban is still the coach, McCarron is still the QB, and they’ll replace all lost starters with 4 or 5 star recruits. The only question that may remain is will ABC let Brent Musburger call the national title game again?
Check back tomorrow for Nick’s BCS Bowl Picks!
- College Football Preseason Ranks // Top 11-25 (ohsknows.wordpress.com)
- 3 Reasons Why Jadeveon Clowney Will Win The Heisman (And Three Reasons Why He Won’t) (sportsdownsouth.wordpress.com)
- USA Today Preseason College Football Rankings 2013: Complete Order Released (bleacherreport.com)